This is the 8th year that we have had this tournament. All of you are why it is successful every year. The details of the tournament are as follows. Click Here for 2015 Rules (can also be found on rules and registration page).
For this tournament all schedule and score updates are being powered by a software called Tourney Machine.
You can also follow your team and receive tournament updates (score postings, schedule changes and news) via text and email.
-Go to http://www.tourneymachine.com/R14160 on your computer
-Click the green Notifications button
-Follow your team and choose to receive updates via e-mail or text
Let us know if you have any questions about sharing your schedule and results.
Tournament/Schedule Dates: Saturday, October 17th - Saturday, October 31st.
• Coaches Meeting – October 11 @ 4pm at Zionsville HS
• Avon Tune-Up - October 10 & 11 - Avon will be hosting a tune-up event with controlled and officiated scrimmages on October 10 & 11. Please reach out to the Avon league if you are interested.
• Pool Play Games – October 17-18
• Tournament Play – October 24-25
• Championship Games – October 31 @ Center Grove
• 3 Game Guarantee – Most games will have 3 officials
• $350/per team cost. Gate fee of $5/family or $3/person. Coaches will get passes/wristbands or somehow be marked. 5 passes per team
-Tournament is for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade teams.
-You will be guranteed 3 GAMES. Every team will play 2 POOL games. The first Saturday & Sunday of the tournament. (There may need to be a Monday game if there is an odd number of teams in a particular grade). As usual, the schedule will be preset and everyone will draw a number out of a hat. This will decide who you will play in the pool games. Therefore, everything is random. Once the pool games are completed, we will use a formula to seed the actual tournament (most likely points allowed; points scored; coin toss) and then the tournament will be a single elimination tournament. Once you get into the tournament - if you lose you are out.
-In the past, we have had a Big League Division and a Small League Division. We are changing that a bit by doing what High School does with classes. The bigger leagues will be Class 2 and the smaller leagues (or leagues that will bring a second team) will be Class 1.
-Lastly, we are eliminating North vs South. We are all going to jump into a pile and play in both classes.
All host fields will be online the first weekend. Then the second weekend all games will be north. The final weekend (championship Saturday) will be at Center Grove.
Thanks - BorderWars Tournament Committee